Working together to achieve our goals
Ingham Lane, Halifax
West Yorkshire HX2 9PF
Tel: 01422 244283
Thoughtfulness - Miss Hofton
Hello & welcome to our class page!
I'm Miss Hofton and this is my second year teaching Year 1 at Bradshaw. Outside of school I enjoy spending time catching up with my family and friends. I enjoy teaching fun and creative lessons and watching children become excited and inspired to learn more about our topics.
· We currently have 29 children in our class - 20 boys and 9 girls!
· Our PE lessons are on Tuesdays so children need to come to school in the correct kit.
· The children are very good at keeping the classroom tidy and we have monitors that do jobs every week.
· In English, we are really focussing on our presentation and joining our handwriting. We always check our writing and make sure we include capital letters, finger spaces and full stops. We are also trying to extend our writing using connectives.
· In Maths, we use a range of resources to help us solve problems. We work with our maths buddies and help each other learn new skills.
The School Day
The classroom door opens at 8:45am, with the day beginning of 8:55am and finishing at 3:15pm. There is a morning playtime at 10:00am and lunch begins at 11:45am. The afternoon lessons begin at 12:30pm and there is an afternoon playtime at 1:30pm.
Our topics change each half term and this year are as follows:
Autumn 1 – Superheroes
Autumn 2 – Muck, Mess and Mixtures
Spring 1 – Bright Light, Big City
Spring 2 – The Scented Garden
Summer 1 – Moon Zoom!
Summer 2 – Beachcombers
Homework will be given out every Friday and is to be handed in the following Wednesday. Children should be reading for at least 5 minutes every day and it is expected that children bring their reading records in daily.
Any questions or queries, feel free to pop in and ask.